Take control of the princess of Night in her quest to rescue her plumber who has been kidnapped by the queen of Day.
Jump, headbutt, pick up, throw, swim, climb and walljump your way through 4 worlds, full of enemies, obstacles and bosses awaiting at each world's last stage, until you reach the queen and get your plumber back.
Meet interesting NPC's during your journey and watch the story unfold until it reaches its totally climactic conclusion. Alternatively, ignore the NPCs, skip all the cutscenes and go die in an endless pit. Your call.
Featuring some quirky platforming mechanics that may take some getting used to. I advice patience and focus. The game does test your reflexes a bit, but it's more about thinking ahead and having good timing.
If you prefer more traditional platforming, download PrincessCasual.exe, and place it in the same place you have the .exe of the normal game. Use this .exe instead of the normal one for an easier experience.
PrincessCasual.exe offers three new settings:
- Casual Jumping: If set to YES, you can set your jumpmeter power manually via holding the left and right mouse buttons (left increase, right decrease), and it stays put. Then when you tap the jump button, you jump as high as you've set it. Note that holding the jump button still charges a high jump.
- Casual Walljumping: If set to YES, you can walljump without having to hug the wall, and thus don't need momentum to walljump. (It's possible that by enabling this you'll be able to reach places you're not supposed to)
- Casual Balance: If set to YES, you never lose your balance.
Turn them all to YES to make the game as easy as it gets, or to NO to play the normal game, or keep any mechanics you like and throw out any you don't.
But do give a chance to the original mechanics. The game was designed with them in mind.
And yes, part of the princess's moveset is heavily inspired by the Warioland games... Who doesn't want a princess who fights like Wario?
- The game is hard, don't expect to finish it overnight
- Don't take it for granted that you'll finish it at all
- Colourful Language
Windows XP or later
DirectX 8 or later
Or, so I think. This is a one-man, no-budget project... I couldn't test it on many PCs (e.g. I didn't have access to any with x64 versions of windows, but they are supposed to be able to run 32-bit applications)...
Please leave a comment or review and if you like the game share it with your friends.
Extract the archive wherever you want, then select the Princess.exe to start the game!
PrincessCasual.exe must be in the same folder as the normal game .exe to work.